This is a truly scrummy side dish which is super easy to make and goes with absolutely everything. The perfect accompaniment to sausages, it’s shocking how much of this I can eat!!! Try it for yourself and you’ll see what I mean!
- 3 peppers (1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red)
- 1 large tropea onion
- 2 courgettes (zucchini for my American friends)
- 1 aubergine (eggplant)
- 4 decent sized potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Step 1 Wash and chop all veggies into bite sized-chunks, removing seeds from peppers
- Step 2 In a frying pan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil and when hot add all vegetables apart from the onion.
- Step 3 Fry on a very low flame, adding extra olive oil when needed, until soft and lightly browned.
- Step 4 Finally add onion and cook until softened.
- Step 5 Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 6 Serve with a smile, eat whilst trying not to think of the calories. yum yum.