One of my favourite recipes is also one of the easiest to make when there’s not much in your cupboards and you need an injection of vegetables.
- Three courgettes
- One large tropea red onion
- One tablespoon of sugar
- Two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 200g short pasta (penne, fusilli or casarecce are my favourites)
- Step 1 Thinly slice the courgettes and red onion.
- Step 2 Heat olive oil in a frying pan and add the vegetables and sugar.
- Step 3 Cook slowly on a low heat so that the vegetables caramelise and slowly brown.
- Step 4 Boil water in a pan, add pasta and salt and cook until al dente.
- Step 5 Drain pasta and add to frying pan to mix with vegetables.
- Step 6 Serve hot with salt and pepper and a generous grating of parmigiano cheese