Italians have a knack of using few ingredients and yet making a dish which will blow your tastebuds. This is another one of my favourite dishes which is again, quick and easy but packed full of flavour.
Pasta e pomodori aromatizzati
- 200g fresh tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 200g short pasta (I've used fusilli here)
- salt and pepper to season
- fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Step 1 Wash and chop your tomatoes into small bite-sized pieces
- Step 2 Finely chop the onion
- Step 3 Fry the onion on a low flame in 2 tbsp of pre-heated extra virgin olive oil until translucent. Be really careful not to burn the onions, if you do, throw away and start again!
- Step 4 Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and fennel seeds, stirring frequently. Cook until everything is soft and you’re salivating.
- Step 5 If necessary add water if vegetables start to dry out.
- Step 6 Boil the pasta, drain and add to the saucepan with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 7 Serve with grated parmigiano (if desired) and fresh basil leaves.
- Step 8 Eat and be happy