- Preheat the grill to medium heat, about 400-425F.
- Place the sausages on the grill, making sure there is space between them. Close the lid and cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Turn the sausages over, close the lid, and cook for another 4-6 minutes.
- Serve the sausages on their own, or on a bun, with toppings of choice.
- 1 How long do you grill sausage on the grill?
- 2 How long grill raw sausage?
- 3 What temperature is Italian sausage done on the grill?
- 4 How do you know when sausages are done on the grill?
- 5 Is it OK if my sausage is a little pink?
- 6 How do you cook sausage on a Weber gas grill?
- 7 Should I boil Italian sausage before grilling?
- 8 What is the best sausage for grilling?
- 9 How long does it take to grill Italian sausage?
- 10 How long should you cook Italian sausage?
- 11 Do you grill sausage with casing on?
- 12 Is it better to grill with the lid open?
- 13 How can you tell if Italian sausage is done without a thermometer?
How long do you grill sausage on the grill?
How long to grill sausage? The sausage will grill for about 12-15 minutes total using the 2-zone grilling method described above & in the Recipe Card below. You’ll cook the sausage for 8-10 minutes with indirect heat before finishing over direct flame for 4-5 minutes, or until as crusty as desired.
How long grill raw sausage?
Always grill sausage over indirect heat to avoid flare ups. Heat your grill to 300-350°F and grill for 40-50 minutes until 165°F internal temperature is reached. Be sure to turn the sausage once during cooking time.
What temperature is Italian sausage done on the grill?
Sausage Temperature. The target cooked temperature of a raw sausage is 160 degrees Fahrenheit, and at a steady 160 degrees. Any higher temperature will cause the fat inside the sausage to melt and drip out producing a dry, less tasty sausage. There should be no pink color in the sausage.
How do you know when sausages are done on the grill?
To determine whether it’s done, you can measure the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Sausages should reach 155–165°F (68–74°C). Alternatively, boiling them before cooking in a pan or on a grill can ensure that they’re thoroughly cooked and remain moist.
Is it OK if my sausage is a little pink?
When it comes down to the sausages, the straightforward is that pink color is completely safe to eat. This is because the majority of sausages are made from minced meat which means the pink color is evident. Also, this pink color will remain intact even after you cook the sausages.
How do you cook sausage on a Weber gas grill?
To accomplish this, grill the sausage over direct low (300 F) heat for approximately 2 minutes a side. This helps add color and flavor to the meat. Next, move the sausage to indirect heat and continue to grill another 8-10 minutes with the lid closed.
Should I boil Italian sausage before grilling?
You cut into the sausage feeling that “snap” of your knife, then the juices flow out onto the pasta, mingling with the sauce. Boiling your sausages before grilling ensures that your sausage will be cooked through, allowing all the juices to stay on the inside while the casing gets brown and crispy on the grill.
What is the best sausage for grilling?
Top 10 Sausages for Spring Grilling
- 1 Hotdogs. When it comes to American food preferences, the Hotdog is #1.
- 2 Italian Sausage. After hot dogs, Italian Sausage is a perennial favorite for Spring grilling.
- 3 Brats. Brats, or Bratwurst, are a German-style sausage.
- 4 Kielbasa.
- 5 Knockwurst.
- 6 Hóng Cháng.
- 7 Sundae.
- 7 Merguez.
How long does it take to grill Italian sausage?
Heat the grill to medium heat. If you don’t have an outdoor grill, you can use a grill pan and cook the Italian sausages inside. Place the sausages directly on the grill and grill for 5-7 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
How long should you cook Italian sausage?
Cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes, turning links often. Reduce heat to medium-low. Carefully add ½ cup water to skillet. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until sausage internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Do you grill sausage with casing on?
Some cooks will advise you to puncture the skin, but that will let the juices out more which can lead to a fire. Thus, it’s best to keep the sausage casing intact with low heat.
Is it better to grill with the lid open?
When you cook with the grill open, you’ll more effectively get a crispy, perfect-Maillard-reaction caramelization on the outside of the meat without overcooking the center. So, they can hold up to the heat chamber the lid creates, and in fact, the lid will help thicker cuts of meat or vegetables cook more evenly.
How can you tell if Italian sausage is done without a thermometer?
If you do not have a meat thermometer at home, you have no choice: you need to slice the sausage until you see the center. Cooked sausage will be clear and firm at the center once cooked. If there is any hint of pinkness, and if the juices are too runny, then the sausage is still raw.