The Best Wines to Pair with Italian Dishes
- Pinot Grigio. If you are having a classic pesto dish, then pair it with a classic wine.
- Zinfandel. The richer the red sauce you have in your pasta or pizza dish, the more tangy and bold you want your red wine to be.
- Pinot Gris.
- 1 What kind of red wine goes with Italian food?
- 2 What wine goes with Italian pasta?
- 3 What type of wine goes well with lasagna?
- 4 What wine do you drink with Italian?
- 5 What wine goes with spaghetti and meatballs?
- 6 Does white wine go with Italian food?
- 7 What is a Lambrusco wine?
- 8 Is Pinot Noir red or white?
- 9 How do you pair wine with food?
- 10 What kind of wine goes with spaghetti sauce?
- 11 What’s a good pinot noir?
- 12 Does Cabernet Sauvignon go with Italian food?
- 13 What white wine goes best with pasta?
What kind of red wine goes with Italian food?
Best Red Wines to Pair with Italian Food
- Chianti. Chianti is a red wine from Tuscany and is one of the most popular wines among Italians and people in America.
- Dolcetto di Diano d’Alba.
- Pinot Noir.
What wine goes with Italian pasta?
Pairing Wine with Pasta
- Wine Pairing: Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Grenache, Merlot, Sangiovese, Rosso di Montalcino.
- Wine Pairing: Chardonnay, Reisling, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Pinot Bianco.
- Wine Pairing: Pinot Grigio, Grenache Blanc, Rosé, Chardonnay Verdicchio, Muscadet, Chablis.
What type of wine goes well with lasagna?
Pinot Noir (or call it Pinot Nero) goes well with lasagna, it is light with a balanced soft taste. It has a pleasant aroma of red berries with notes of cherry and spices dominating. It fits perfectly with meat dishes, duck, paste and dishes of Italian cuisine.
What wine do you drink with Italian?
Cabernets are hearty and rich and go best with tomato-based red sauces. Italian Chianti is a strong, bold red wine that is perfectly suited for flavorful, well-seasoned sauces. It pairs best with tomato-based red sauces, but also works with cream- or oil-based sauces. Merlot is not quite as harsh as other reds.
What wine goes with spaghetti and meatballs?
Suggested Wines to Drink with Your Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Chianti (learn more here)
- Tuscan Red Blends.
- Nero d’Avola.
- Merlot (preferably a super-fruity, high-acid version)
- Primitivo or Zinfandel.
Does white wine go with Italian food?
Sauvignon Blancs are notoriously light, slightly smoky, and just a pinch tart — and that makes them great white wines to pair with Italian food. Saucy foods love Sauvignon Blancs. More specifically, the smokiness is a good Sauvignon Blanc makes them great for oil-based sauces.
What is a Lambrusco wine?
Lambrusco is a red sparkling wine with a color that varies with the style. While some are a deep purply red, others are as light as rosé. There are over 60 related varieties of the Lambrusco grape, all native to Italy. The six most common are: Lambrusco Grasparossa.
Is Pinot Noir red or white?
Named after the French words for “pine” and “black,” Pinot Noir comes from a black-skinned grape of the same name. Although best known for making red wine, Pinot Noir is one of the few red wine grapes that also produce white wines, rosés, and sparkling wines like Champagne.
How do you pair wine with food?
9 Tips For Pairing Wine & Food
- The wine should be more acidic than the food.
- The wine should be sweeter than the food.
- The wine should have the same flavor intensity as the food.
- Red wines pair best with bold flavored meats (e.g. red meat).
- White wines pair best with light-intensity meats (e.g. fish or chicken).
What kind of wine goes with spaghetti sauce?
The best wine to use in spaghetti sauce is Chianti, or any wine made from Sangiovese grapes. Its moderate tannins and full range of flavors, from cherry to leaves to tobacco and sometimes mushroom, add depth of flavor to any red sauce.
What’s a good pinot noir?
10 Best Pinot Noirs to Drink This Fall
- Evenstad Reserve Pinot Noir. Domaine Serene.
- Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir.
- Gary Farrell Hallberg Vineyard Pinot Noir. $53 AT WINE.COM.
- RAEN Fort Ross-Seaview Pinot Noir.
- Greywacke Pinot Noir.
- Antica Terra Coriolis Pinot Noir.
- Twomey Anderson Valley Pinot Noir.
- Dragonette Cellars Pinot Noir.
Does Cabernet Sauvignon go with Italian food?
Cabernet Sauvignon: Named for the type of grape it comes from, Cabernet Sauvignon has a flavor primarily dominated by black currant, sometimes including some mint or blackberry undertones. These wines are hearty and rich, and pair best with tomato based sauces — obviously quite popular in italian cuisine.
What white wine goes best with pasta?
Pairing Wine with Seafood Pasta White wines like Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc are great options. These wines will cut through the natural richness of the fish while complementing their seaborne flavor.