It would seem that “scooch” is short for the Italian word “Scocciatore”, which means “pain in the neck” or even quite possibly “scocciare”, which also means “to bother/to bug”.
- 1 What are Italian slang words?
- 2 What does it mean when an Italian says Marone?
- 3 What does jabroni mean in Italian?
- 4 What does Scooch Amanda mean in Italian?
- 5 What does Madone mean?
- 6 What does Fugazi mean in Italian?
- 7 What are some cool Italian words?
- 8 What does butana mean in Italian?
- 9 What is a Fanuc in Italian?
- 10 What does Goomba in Italian mean?
- 11 What is an Italian girlfriend called?
- 12 What does Fongool mean in Grease?
- 13 What does Jaboney meaning?
- 14 What does the slang term Mook mean?
What are Italian slang words?
10 Essential Italian Slang Words & Expressions
- Che figo! | How awesome!
- Che schifo! | That’s gross!
- In bocca al lupo | Good luck, Break a leg. Click play to hear it pronounced:
- Fregatura | Rip off. Click play to hear it pronounced:
- I vecchi | Parents.
- Mannaggia | Damn!
- Devo filare | I gotta run/jet.
What does it mean when an Italian says Marone?
Marone – (Southern Italian dialect) – literally “Madonna” (i.e. – the Blessed Virgin Mary, not the pop star), generally used as “damn” or “damn it”. Sometimes pronounced “ma don”.
What does jabroni mean in Italian?
Jabroni is not Italian- American slang for a stupid, foolish, contemptible person. Jiboney is a colloquial Italian-American word that is of uncertain origin and was used mostly on recent immigrants, to create their primary definition of jabroni. The OED’s first five usages are of this jiboney word.
What does Scooch Amanda mean in Italian?
The word in standard Italian would be scocciatore, which means, unsurprisingly, ” pain in the ass “. The root of all this is the verb scocciare, which means “to annoy”.
What does Madone mean?
madone f (plural madones) beautiful woman, an angel.
What does Fugazi mean in Italian?
Fugazi, some claim, is Italian for “fake,” and although I can find no Italian dictionary that confirms this, I think we should keep it, and urge Italo-phones everywhere to do the same. It is richly gratifying to pronounce, an amphibrach that feels equal parts obscenity and absurdity.
What are some cool Italian words?
19 of your favourite Italian words (and some of ours)
- ALLORA: well, then, so. Let’s start with the obvious.
- LUCCIOLA: firefly.
- DIMENTICO: forgetful or oblivious.
- SFOGARSI: to vent, unload.
- PASSEGGIATA: stroll.
- MASCALZONE: rascal, scoundrel.
- SGONFIATO: deflated.
- PARRUCCHIERE: hairdresser.
What does butana mean in Italian?
vulgar. prostitute, whore. Synonym. prostituta. (Translation of puttana from the GLOBAL Italian–English Dictionary © 2018 K Dictionaries Ltd) 6
What is a Fanuc in Italian?
Noun. finook (plural finooks) (slang, derogatory) Homosexual.
What does Goomba in Italian mean?
1 informal: a close friend or associate —used especially among Italian-American men. 2 informal + disparaging: a member of a secret chiefly Italian-American crime organization: mafioso broadly: gangster. 3 informal, often disparaging + offensive: an Italian American.
What is an Italian girlfriend called?
“Boyfriend” in Italian and “Girlfriend” in Italian: Ragazzo and Ragazza. There are two main ways to say “girlfriend” and “boyfriend” in Italian: ragazzo/a or fidanzato/a. The former is used by young couples, usually when they are dating, while the latter is for serious relationships and also means fiance.
What does Fongool mean in Grease?
It is an Americanized version of Italian profanity. The original phrase is Va’ a fare in culo, often shortened to vaffanculo, or just fanculo. This literally means “ go do it in an ass ” and is similar to the English phrase fuck you.
What does Jaboney meaning?
A naive person; immigrant; hoodlum.
What does the slang term Mook mean?
slang.: a foolish, insignificant, or contemptible person.