noun. (also caffone) 1A labourer; a peasant, especially one who is Italian or of Italian descent. 2 slang Especially in Italian-American usage: a coarse-mannered person; a low-life, a lout.
- 1 What is a jabroni in Italian?
- 2 Is Stunad a bad word?
- 3 What are Italian slang words?
- 4 What is a Jadrool?
- 5 What does Jamokes mean?
- 6 What is Jaboni?
- 7 What is an Italian girlfriend called?
- 8 What does chooch mean in Italian?
- 9 What does Gagootz mean in Italian?
- 10 How do you offend someone in Italian?
- 11 What does butana mean in Italian?
- 12 What are some cool Italian words?
- 13 What does it mean when an Italian says Marone?
What is a jabroni in Italian?
Jabroni is not Italian-American slang for a stupid, foolish, contemptible person. Jiboney is a colloquial Italian-American word that is of uncertain origin and was used mostly on recent immigrants, to create their primary definition of jabroni.
Is Stunad a bad word?
(slang) A stupid person, idiot.
What are Italian slang words?
10 Essential Italian Slang Words & Expressions
- Che figo! | How awesome!
- Che schifo! | That’s gross!
- In bocca al lupo | Good luck, Break a leg. Click play to hear it pronounced:
- Fregatura | Rip off. Click play to hear it pronounced:
- I vecchi | Parents.
- Mannaggia | Damn!
- Devo filare | I gotta run/jet.
What is a Jadrool?
Jadrool meaning Filters. (slang, US, Italian American) A loser; a bum.
What does Jamokes mean?
2 slang: an ordinary, unimpressive, or inept person —typically used as a term of mild or joking disparagement for a man If my brother and I proved one thing, it’s that just about any jamoke can host a radio show.—
What is Jaboni?
Long story short: Jabroni is the modern form of Jaboney, American slang used to mock someone, somewhat vaguely, since at least 1931. The online etymology dictionary defines a jaboney as a “naive person, immigrant, hoodlum.”
What is an Italian girlfriend called?
“Boyfriend” in Italian and “Girlfriend” in Italian: Ragazzo and Ragazza. There are two main ways to say “girlfriend” and “boyfriend” in Italian: ragazzo/a or fidanzato/a. The former is used by young couples, usually when they are dating, while the latter is for serious relationships and also means fiance.
What does chooch mean in Italian?
Yes, Chooch means “ a person without common sense ” in Italian slang, from the word ciuccio, from which “chooch” is derived. However, in the south of Italy, Chooch also means donkey, something akin to the American slang of similar meaning, or in other words, an “idiot”.
What does Gagootz mean in Italian?
“Googootz” is also the Italian slang for “zucchini,” and refers to a squash-like vegetable that Italians and Italian-Americans grow called cucuzza.
How do you offend someone in Italian?
Vaffanculo! Our top 5 Italian insults
- Vaffanculo a chi t’è morto. Translation: “Go f#**# your dead family members.” Or “the souls of your dead family members.”
- Vattela a pigliare in culo. Translation: “Go take it up your ass.”
- Levati dai coglioni. Translation: “Get off my balls.”
- Testa di cazzo.
- Che cavolo.
What does butana mean in Italian?
vulgar. prostitute, whore. Synonym. prostituta. (Translation of puttana from the GLOBAL Italian–English Dictionary © 2018 K Dictionaries Ltd) 6
What are some cool Italian words?
19 of your favourite Italian words (and some of ours)
- ALLORA: well, then, so. Let’s start with the obvious.
- LUCCIOLA: firefly.
- DIMENTICO: forgetful or oblivious.
- SFOGARSI: to vent, unload.
- PASSEGGIATA: stroll.
- MASCALZONE: rascal, scoundrel.
- SGONFIATO: deflated.
- PARRUCCHIERE: hairdresser.
What does it mean when an Italian says Marone?
Marone – (Southern Italian dialect) – literally “Madonna” (i.e. – the Blessed Virgin Mary, not the pop star), generally used as “damn” or “damn it”. Sometimes pronounced “ma don”.