You can now only book your appointment with the Italian Consulate ONLINE through their system called “Prenota OnLine”: UPDATE: As of June 14, 2021, a handful of new consulates have adopted a new booking system called ‘[email protected] Mi’. Click HERE to learn more about this change.
- 1 How do I make an appointment at the Italian Embassy for passport?
- 2 How do I book an appointment to renew my Italian passport?
- 3 How do I make an appointment at the Italian Consulate in New York?
- 4 What documents are needed to apply for an Italian passport?
- 5 What does Aire mean in Italian?
- 6 Do I qualify for jure sanguinis?
- 7 How long does it take to register aire?
- 8 How long does it take to renew a passport?
- 9 How can I get Italian passport?
- 10 Can I have a British and Italian passport?
- 11 How strong is the Italian passport?
- 12 How many passports can you have?
How do I make an appointment at the Italian Embassy for passport?
If you wish to book an afternoon appointment with the Passport Office of the Italian Consulate General in London, you need to book through our free online booking system “[email protected]” (click here). Afternoon appointments are only for Italian nationals already registered with AIRE.
How do I book an appointment to renew my Italian passport?
For passport renewal, you must first register with AIRE and then schedule an appointment on the Prenota OnLine system with your local Italian Consulate. You must schedule and confirm each appointment to ensure it has been properly submitted.
How do I make an appointment at the Italian Consulate in New York?
On June 14, the Consulate General of Italy in New York will launch a new online booking platform for passport and visa appointments. The new platform, [email protected], can be accessed at https://prenotami.esteri.it.
What documents are needed to apply for an Italian passport?
Documentation requirements can vary slightly from consulate to consulate, however the following documents must be provided to support your application:
- Birth Certificates from the “Commune’ in Italy.
- Death Certificates.
- Marriage Certificates from Italy.
- Naturalization Certificates.
- Your Personal Civil Records.
What does Aire mean in Italian?
AIRE, Italian acronym for Registry Office for Italian Citizens Residing Abroad, was created with the law 27th October 1988, n. 470 and holds the details of Italian citizens who intend to reside abroad for a period longer than twelve months.
Do I qualify for jure sanguinis?
The applicant must be born to an Italian citizen parent or to a parent who has the right to Italian citizenship “jure sanguinis.” The applicant must be born before Aug. 16, 1992 and whose Italian parent did not naturalize to another citizenship before the applicant’s birth.
How long does it take to register aire?
The estimated processing time for a residence application, if complete, is of approximately 2-3 working days from receipt. You will receive an email asking your Comune AIRE in Italy to complete the registration.
How long does it take to renew a passport?
Renewing your passport with routine processing can be rather long, upwards of 8 to 10 weeks long. Processing times vary depending on seasonality of the US passport agency as well, during the spring and summer applications tend to be more prevalent.
How can I get Italian passport?
The main ways to obtain Italian citizenship are:
- by birth, if the child was born to Italian citizens;
- through ancestry, or Italian citizenship by blood if parents, grandfather or great-grandfather are Italians;
- through marriage, after two years of marriage in Italy or three years in another country;
Can I have a British and Italian passport?
Dual citizenship (also known as dual nationality) is allowed in the UK. This means you can be a British citizen and also a citizen of other countries. You do not need to apply for dual citizenship. You can apply for foreign citizenship and keep your British citizenship.
How strong is the Italian passport?
Italy has one of the most powerful passports in the world with bearers being able to travel visa-free to 127 countries visa-free (as of early 2019). Italian citizenship gives you the rights and privileges to freely roam around the EU without limitations.
How many passports can you have?
As a general rule, four passports is probably enough. For some, two or three could even be enough. Some people just don’t want to be a US citizen anymore.