How to Cook Italian Sausage on the Grill
- You can buy Italian sausage links at almost every grocery store.
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Place the sausages directly on the grill and grill for 5-7 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- 1 How do you know when Italian sausage is done on the grill?
- 2 How long does sausage take on the grill?
- 3 How do you BBQ sausages on a gas grill?
- 4 How do I cook sausages for BBQ?
- 5 How long does it take to cook meat on a BBQ?
- 6 How long do you cook Italian sausage on a charcoal grill?
- 7 How do you grill Italian sausage on a propane grill?
- 8 What temperature do you BBQ sausage?
- 9 How do you know if a sausage is cooked?
- 10 How long does it take to cook sausage at 350?
- 11 How long grill Uncooked sausage?
- 12 How do you pre cook sausages before BBQ?
- 13 How do you cook sausages on a charcoal BBQ?
- 14 How do I BBQ sausages on a Weber grill?
- 15 What sausages are best for BBQ?
How do you know when Italian sausage is done on the grill?
You can determine when the sausage is done either with a thermometer, or by doing a pressure test. It should be firm to the touch, but not shriveled. Don’t cut into the sausage to determine if it’s done, if it isn’t you’ll lose all the juices inside that keep it moist. A meat thermometer is your friend here.
How long does sausage take on the grill?
How long to grill sausage? The sausage will grill for about 12-15 minutes total using the 2-zone grilling method described above & in the Recipe Card below. You’ll cook the sausage for 8-10 minutes with indirect heat before finishing over direct flame for 4-5 minutes, or until as crusty as desired.
How do you BBQ sausages on a gas grill?
To accomplish this, grill the sausage over direct low (300 F) heat for approximately 2 minutes a side. This helps add color and flavor to the meat. Next, move the sausage to indirect heat and continue to grill another 8-10 minutes with the lid closed.
How do I cook sausages for BBQ?
Start them over indirect heat, and leave them there until they are cooked through. Then, brown the sausage quickly over direct heat to finish. If the grill is hot enough, you can skip the browning step – on my charcoal grill, 20 minutes of indirect heat is enough time to brown the sausage AND cook it through.
How long does it take to cook meat on a BBQ?
Steaks (½- to 1-inch thick): Grill over direct heat for 4-6 minutes per side (think flank or skirt steak). Steaks (1- to 1 ½-inch thick): Grill over direct heat for 4-5 minutes per side.
How long do you cook Italian sausage on a charcoal grill?
Grill the sausage: Place the sausages directly on the grill grates and grill for 5-7 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Once done cooking, transfer the sausage to a dish or plate and tent in foil to keep them warm.
How do you grill Italian sausage on a propane grill?
- Preheat the grill to medium heat, about 400-425F.
- Place the sausages on the grill, making sure there is space between them. Close the lid and cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Turn the sausages over, close the lid, and cook for another 4-6 minutes.
- Serve the sausages on their own, or on a bun, with toppings of choice.
What temperature do you BBQ sausage?
Sausage Temperature. The target cooked temperature of a raw sausage is 160 degrees Fahrenheit, and at a steady 160 degrees. Any higher temperature will cause the fat inside the sausage to melt and drip out producing a dry, less tasty sausage.
How do you know if a sausage is cooked?
You can check whether your sausages are done by cutting into one at the center. If the meat is firm, it’s ready, but if it’s pink and runny, it needs more time. Slicing or butterflying the sausages can reduce cooking time.
How long does it take to cook sausage at 350?
For ovens set at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, cook your sausage links for a minimum of 25 minutes, turning each piece at 10-minute intervals, and keep in mind that larger links can take at least an hour to cook through completely.
How long grill Uncooked sausage?
Always grill sausage over indirect heat to avoid flare ups. Heat your grill to 300-350°F and grill for 40-50 minutes until 165°F internal temperature is reached. Be sure to turn the sausage once during cooking time.
How do you pre cook sausages before BBQ?
Put the uncooked sausages in a saucepan with cold cooking liquid — like water, chicken stock, beer, or wine — until they’re just covered. Slowly poach the sausages over low heat until they reach an internal temperature of 150 degrees. Transfer them to a hot grill, over moderate direct heat.
How do you cook sausages on a charcoal BBQ?
The process is easy and takes only five simple steps.
- Start two-zone fire. Start two-zone fire.
- First cook the sausages through. First cook the sausages through.
- Use tongs. Use tongs.
- Sear and finish directly over the coals. Sear and finish directly over the coals.
- Rest and serve. Rest and serve.
How do I BBQ sausages on a Weber grill?
Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the sausages over medium heat, with the lid closed, until browned and well done (160°F), 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally. During the last 30 seconds to 1 minute of grilling time, toast the rolls, cut side down, over medium heat.
What sausages are best for BBQ?
The Best of the Best: Sausages for Grilling
- Weisswurst. Literally “white sausage,” these pork and veal sausages tend to scare off the beginners to the world of grilling, as their pale appearance make grilling them seem like a challenge.