One of my favourite recipes is also one of the easiest to make when there’s not much in your cupboards and you need an injection of vegetables.
Ingredients (serves 2)
One large tropea red onion
One tablespoon of sugar
Two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
200g short pasta (penne, fusilli or casarecce are my favourites)
- Thinly slice the courgettes and red onion.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and add the vegetables and sugar.
- Cook slowly on a low heat so that the vegetables caramelise and slowly brown.
- Boil water in a pan, add pasta and salt and cook until al dente.
- Drain pasta and add to frying pan to mix with vegetables.
- Serve hot with salt and pepper and a generous grating of parmigiano cheese